*(characterized by a plain white back cover)
1. An important credit was inadvertently omitted from the front of the book:
Cover design by Bill Olmstead and Janis Mann
3. On page 69, the first staff of music is incorrect. Here’s the right one:
4. On page 122, last line, first measure: the note on beat 4 should be G, not Eb. This is also true on page 317.
5. On page 130, the fourth note on the first staff should be F#, not F.
6. On page 131, the C7 alterations on line 2 should be b9, #9, and #5.
7. On page 141, the text at the very top of the page should be
6. B7 C (not 6. 7 C)
and on line 2 the text in parentheses should be (b9 or #9 and a #5).
8. On page 151, the Gmi7 on the second staff is a III chord, not a II chord.
9. On page 156, the last note in the next-to-last measure should be F (not Eb).
10. On page 169, the musical example is the wrong one. Here’s the right one:
11. On page 175, the comment at the bottom regarding the G minor bebop scale refers to measure #8.
12. On page 176, the hira-joshi scale is wrong. Here’s the correction:
13. On page 189, the second staff, the third of the C7(#5b9) chord is E, not Eb.
14. On page 195, next-to-last paragraph, line 1: the interval structure of the Eb diminished scale is W H W H W H W H. (The last H is missing.)
15. On page 243, paragraph 3, line 2: the 13th of A7 is F# (not Fb).
16. On page 244, paragraph 3, line 2: the dominant 7th alterations should be b9, #9, and b13.
17. On page 248, third staff, first measure: the Cmi7 voicing (Eb/C4) is bIII/I, not bII/I.
18. On page 258, the last voicing in the second measure should be Db/C7 (not Bb/C7) and the failure code should be 24.
19. On page 260, paragraph 1, line 6: replace Dbdim/C7 with Bbdim/C7.
20. On page 320, the last note in the next-to-last measure should be F (not Eb), and on page 321 the last note is Bb (not D).